I started a capture on the video and it looked to be going well, but I didn't realize it was going to be such a large file so I had to cancel it.
They just look to be embedded Vimeo video streams, which Jaksta should be able to capture.
If you suspect it might be a disk space issue then look into that and any other similar system-related (ie. your Mac) potential causes. You can try doing the capture with other browsers as well and see if that makes any difference.
If it continues to fail then it might be best for you to send through a clean log file for us to look at.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Jaksta Media Recorder
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- This will open a Finder window that needs to remain open for the remainder of the process
- Quit JMR
- Delete the log file in the Finder window
- Reopen JMR
- This will automatically generate a new log file in the Finder window
- Run one test capture on the problem site/stream
- Quit JMR once it fails and/or the error is reproduced
- Source the new log file in the Finder window and then attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
If it is a disk space issue or something along those lines, and the log file should give some indication of what it might be.
From Liam @ 21 Feb 2020 12:02