Have you checked both the downloaded file itself as well as the converted file, or just the final product which is the converted file?
By default the downloads location is Movies > Jaksta Media Recorder. If you look for the file there and it is very small or empty then it means that the download failed. If it is not tiny and it is playable, then that means the download was successful and it was the conversion that failed.
By default the conversion location is Movies > Jaksta Media Recorder > Converted. If you look for the file there and it is very small or empty then it means that the conversion is broken.
Either way I would probably suggest doing a full reinstall.
What you will need to do is delete the app (uninstall) from Applications instead of just reinstalling over it. Then in Finder go to the top menu and then access Go > (holding one of shift/alt/control/command) Library > Application Support > Jaksta Media Recorder and delete that folder (NOTE: doing this will erase your library file list in Jaksta, but your downloaded/converted files will remain intact). This folder and its files may already be deleted when the app is removed, but it's a good idea to double check and be thorough in case it remains and is reused when the app is reinstalled. Reboot the Mac and then do a reinstall of the latest version (https://www.jaksta.com/download/mac/jaksta-media-recorder) and it will regenerate a new copy of the deleted folder and the application files.
If the problem continues then I would ask that you send through a clean log file:
- Open JMR
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JRM but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
Start with these checks and tests and then let us know how you go.
From Liam @ 03 Aug 2017 09:08