Apologies for my delayed response.
So first off I would suggest reinstalling the beta, as it sounds like that helped in the past. Use the following process to complete a basic reinstall: uninstall (delete from Applications), reboot, reinstall.
You can download the installer here: https://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/2.2.6_293/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg
When you first attempt to run the installer you may receive a Mac OS notification saying that it can't be opened because it cannot be checked for malicious software. Click 'OK' and then go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click on 'Open Anyway' down the bottom. It will either run the installer or another similar notification as the first will appear and you just need to click 'Open' and then the installer will run.
If that helps with the audio issue but you end up with the zero sized downloads again then do some basic capture tests of YouTube videos. If they work then it suggests you have a capture/download failure issue for the particular site/stream. If that's the case then you can try performing the capture in other browsers as that can sometimes make a difference. Also try out the URL downloader bar in Jaksta, as that is specifically meant as a backup for when the auto-captures fail.
If you can't download any videos without the result being empty unplayable files, then you can try doing a full reinstall. If there is a break in the programs processes then this should reset them.
You will need to carry out the following:
- Delete Jaksta Media Recorder from Applications.
- Then in Finder go to the top menu and access: Go > Library (you may need to hold shift, alt, control or command to see it) > Application Support.
- Delete the folder named "Jaksta Media Recorder".
NOTE: Deleting this folder will erase your library file list in Jaksta Media Recorder, but your downloaded/converted files will remain intact in their destination folders.
- Reboot the Mac and then do a reinstall of the latest beta (https://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/2.2.6_293/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg). This will restore all of the deleted files.
- Run Jaksta Media Recorder and re-activate it if required.
Let me know how you go.
From Liam @ 21 Apr 2021 11:04