Technical Support for Jaksta Media Recorder
downloading from adobe connect not working with Media Recording
Asked by m pilar gonzalez @ 06 Oct 2017 22:10 / Views: 43
I have been trying for a while now to download some webinars but I have encountered several problems:
1. if the video gets detected it downloads instead of record (but the video is incomplete, the original being 32 mins for example the download is 26)
2. Usually the video does not get detected, it only downloads the audio, so I have to forward and rewind several times the video until it is detected (if at all)
3. when I get to download the video (after no less than 5 or 6 attempts each time on average) there is no sound.
4. I have made the full reinstall but it keeps asking me to update (I have the latest version) this happens with your video converter as well)
5. Sometimes the video flv downloaded will not be converted (either in the media recorder or the converter) but if I try to convert it with another conversion program it does work
Thanks for your help
From m pilar gonzalez @ 06 Oct 2017 22:10
So firstly, the update check issue is a bug we are looking into this and should have it resolved soon, but in the meantime it is nothing to worry about.
If seeing the automatic update prompts is annoying you then you can them turn off by going to Preferences > General and turning off the feature that does auto-checks for updates on startup.
As for the actual downloading issue, can you please provide a link to the video/site that you are having problems with so that we can test it?
Can you also please send through clean log file as well, which will help with out investigation.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open JMR
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JRM but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
From Liam @ 10 Oct 2017 11:10