So firstly, the update check issue is a bug we are looking into this and should have it resolved soon, but in the meantime it is nothing to worry about.
If seeing the automatic update prompts is annoying you then you can them turn off by going to Preferences > General and turning off the feature that does auto-checks for updates on startup.
As for the actual downloading issue, can you please provide a link to the video/site that you are having problems with so that we can test it?
Can you also please send through clean log file as well, which will help with out investigation.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open JMR
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JRM but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
From Liam @ 10 Oct 2017 11:10