Technical Support for Jaksta Media Recorder
ERROR: ffprobe or avprobe not found
Asked by William Dorsey @ 18 Aug 2018 14:08 / Views: 24
I can not find out how to install ffprobe. Do not find avprobe in any Google search.
Mac Pro Desktop OS X 10.13.6 32GB
From William Dorsey @ 18 Aug 2018 14:08
I would suggest starting off by doing a full reinstall. If there is a break in the programs processes then this should reset them.
What you will need to do is delete the app (uninstall) from Applications instead of just reinstalling over it. Then in Finder go to the top menu and then access Go > (holding one of shift/alt/control/command) Library > Application Support > Jaksta Media Recorder and delete that folder (NOTE: doing this will erase your library file list in Jaksta, but your downloaded/converted files will remain intact in their destination folders). Reboot the Mac and then do a reinstall of the latest version (https://www.jaksta.com/download/mac/jaksta-media-recorder) and it will generate a new copy of the deleted folder and the application files.
If the problem continues, could you please supply us with some more information. A screenshot of the error would be good, as well as a description of when it starts and/or what causes it.
Sending through a clean log file would also be helpful.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Jaksta Media Recorder
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JMR but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
From Liam @ 20 Aug 2018 13:08