Technical Support for Jaksta Media Recorder
Jaksta Media Recorder for Mac downloading loads of tiny files
Asked by Trevor Rydalch @ 04 Jan 2019 07:01 / Views: 39
JMR recognizes the stream starting and begins downloading. But it downloads multiple files that are only like 2MB.
I am just using the trial right now. I wanted to make sure it actually worked before I shelled out $50 for a license.
Currently, I'm not satisfied enough. Is this a bug? Or is this expected behavior? Or am I doing something wrong?
Also, It's all getting saved as a .m2ts file. Is there any way to have it save in a different file format?
From Trevor Rydalch @ 04 Jan 2019 07:01
Apologies for the delayed response.
No that is not normal behavior, although it is not an uncommon to see that as a result when there is streaming protocol that Jaksta is not able to capture.
If you would like us to investigate then could you please supply us with a clean log file.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Jaksta Media Recorder
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JMR but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream or site that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
As for how to get different file formats, there is a drop down menu in the bottom left-hand corner where you can set the conversion output.
From Liam @ 10 Jan 2019 15:01