Technical Support for Jaksta Media Recorder
jaksta not working properly
Asked by Skott @ 16 Oct 2020 22:10 / Views: 12
My jaksta does not work well anymore and I don't know why.
My Jaksta version is 2.2.5 (287).
Either it's giving me a .m2ts file format video with no sound or either I have a mp4 file but again with no sound, which is very annoying.
I've tried all the modes (convert, do not convert, and every file format ) but non are working.
Here are some screenshots:
I need a help please.
Ps: I've joined the log file
thank you in advance for your precious help
From Skott @ 16 Oct 2020 22:10
It is likely some form of download failure, probably caused by the site making a change to their streaming protocols that Jaksta is not compatible with.
My first suggestion would be to update to our latest beta and see if it helps. You can get the installer here - https://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/2.2.6_293/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg
When you first attempt to run the installer you will receive a Mac OS notification saying that it can't be opened because it cannot be checked for malicious software. Click 'OK' and then go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click on 'Open Anyway' down the bottom. It will either run the installer or another similar notification as the first will appear and you just need to click 'Open' and then the installer will run.
Also try using different browsers to capture the problem streams as the results can vary between browsers sometimes.
If the problem continues then can you please send us another log file, but this time a clean log file.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Jaksta Media Recorder (JMR)
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- This will open a Finder window that needs to remain open for the remainder of the process
- Quit JMR
- Delete the log file in the Finder window
- Reopen JMR
- This will automatically generate a new log file in the Finder window
- Run one test capture on the problem site/stream
- Quit JMR once it fails and/or the error is reproduced
- Source the new log file in the Finder window and then attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
From Liam @ 19 Oct 2020 13:10
I just purchased Jaksta version 2.25 and I can't download anything. Every video I try to download I get an error. I have attached a log file for you. Please help, I can't use Jaksta at all.
From DAN A HART @ 28 Oct 2020 14:10