Hi to everyone still following this thread,
This post is relevant to anyone still experiencing the hang and/or crash on startup.
We have a new beta available that I would like you to try. It does not contain a fix for this issue, but we have added something in that should get it to report a better description of the problem.
You can get the installer here - https://cdn.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/2.2.4_266/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg
This beta build is set to time out after a minute of hanging, so can you please let it run until it closes itself and then gather the required logs and reports. This will allow it to put all of the information into the logs/reports that we need.
Could I please also get you to send through a clean, standard Jaksta log file as well?
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Finder and go to the top menu access Go > Library (may need to hold one of shift/alt/control/command keys to display it)
- In the new Finder window go to Logs
- Find and delete the Jaksta Media Recorder.log file
- Keep the Finder window open
- Run Jaksta Media Recorder (a new log file will be generated)
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the open Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
Please send through any additional .hang or .crash files as well if they are offered when the app closes or if you know where to find them in Console.
From Liam @ 02 May 2018 10:05