Technical Support for Jaksta Media Recorder
MP2's instead of MP4
Asked by Kurt Alexander-Rogers @ 26 Nov 2017 09:11 / Views: 35
My JMR has recently decided to convert my downloads from sbs on demand to MP2's instead of MP4's and therefore won't play unless I use a 3rd party converter which itself takes upwards of 15mins to convert when previously it was done by Jaksta in seconds!
I can't get downloads in abc iview which was an issue with previous Jaksta's Ive had for years. I abandoned the protocol and did no recordings for 18 months and then found out Jaksta had rebuilt and as its advertising said 'all formats' now I upgraded to the deluxe package to find indeed ABC iview still could not be recorded but was consoled by SBS on demand recording. Now SBS is problematic.
Anyone else have this problem.
What is the solution(s).
From Kurt Alexander-Rogers @ 26 Nov 2017 09:11
Can you please provide links to both an ABC and a SBS video give you problems so that we can test them? Hopefully we can look into both of these issues at the same time.
If either site requires login information to get to the content and you are comfortable with it, can you please supply us with some account login info so that we can have access for our testing?
You can send the details to us privately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Could you please also send through a clean log for each scenario (ABC test and SBS test) as well?
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open JMR
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JRM but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
- Repeat process for second test
I have also deleted the post you just made in the original forum thread, just so that we can keep this tidy and don't get confused while we investigate.
From Liam C @ 27 Nov 2017 10:11