Technical Support for Jaksta Media Recorder
multiple instances of recordings in Periscope
Asked by Ritchard Druther @ 08 Oct 2019 22:10 / Views: 9
Recently, Jaksta has not been working correctly with Periscope. When I open a Periscope feed, Jaksta now makes multiple instances of a single recording. Sometimes 4-5 other times over 100. It use to work fine with the site, but in the past 4-5 days this has been happening. I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't help. I also tried it on another computer and the same thing happens. I'm guessing they might have done something differently recently with their streams.
Running Jaksta 2.2.5
MacBook Pro (2019) OS 10.14.6
Attached is a screen shot of the Jaksta download window
Let me know if you need anything else from me.
From Ritchard Druther @ 08 Oct 2019 22:10
It sounds like a download failure/issue, and will probably be specific to the site and need to be investigated.
We have a new beta available that I would like you to try. If the problem continues we can explore the issue further.
You can get the installer here - https://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/2.2.5_287/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg
Do a basic reinstall - uninstall, restart, reinstall
If the problem continues then the best thing to do would be to provide a clean log file.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Jaksta Media Recorder
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JMR but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on the problem site/stream
- Close JMR once it fails and/or the error is reproduced
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
From Liam @ 11 Oct 2019 15:10