Technical Support for Jaksta Media Recorder
Myfreecam streams not recording
Asked by Eben @ 15 Oct 2020 08:10 / Views: 11
Recently MFC is not picking up with Jaksta. Some of the cams work but others don't . I know that flash is going to be phased out completely.
Do you know if there is a setting I need to switch in order to get Jaksta to recognize some of these streams?
From Eben @ 15 Oct 2020 08:10
We have a new beta that you can try that might give better results capturing from MFC.
You can get the beta installer here - https://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/2.2.6_293/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg
When you first attempt to run the installer you will receive a Mac OS notification saying that it can't be opened because it cannot be checked for malicious software. Click 'OK' and then go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click on 'Open Anyway' down the bottom. It will either run the installer or another similar notification as the first will appear and you just need to click 'Open' and then the installer will run.
If you still have problems then it would be good if you can send through a clean log file for us to review.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Jaksta Media Recorder (JMR)
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- This will open a Finder window that needs to remain open for the remainder of the process
- Quit JMR
- Delete the log file in the Finder window
- Reopen JMR
- This will automatically generate a new log file in the Finder window
- Run one test capture on the problem site/stream
- Quit JMR once it fails and/or the error is reproduced
- Source the new log file in the Finder window and then attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
Please let me know how you go.
From Liam @ 16 Oct 2020 09:10