Apologies for the delayed response.
Can you please start by supplying a clean log file as well as a link to a specific problem video.
If login credentials are needed and you are comfortable with it, can you please send them privately to firstname.lastname@example.org so I can access the content and test it.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Jaksta Media Recorder
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JMR but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
As a workaround (hopefully temporary) you can test Jaksta Screen Recorder for Mac and record content in real time. If you are happy to use that in the meantime then I can arrange a license for you.
I can see that you also own a jaksta Media Recorder for Windows license, which does have a built in screen recording feature which would effectively give the same result (if it can't already stream capture the content).
From Liam @ 10 Jan 2019 15:01