Technical Support for Jaksta Music Recorder (Miner)
J Music Recorder keeps crashing on sierra 10.12.6
Asked by emilio @ 10 Aug 2017 10:08 / Views: 1
tried to delete program and reload but it still crashes.
opens up and crashes within 10 seconds.
From emilio @ 09 Aug 2017 05:08
Can you please start off by doing a full reinstall. If there is something broken within Jaksta itself, then doing a thorough reinstall should reset any breaks in the download and/or conversion process.
What you will need to do is delete the app (uninstall) from Applications instead of just reinstalling over it. Then in Finder go to the top menu and then access Go > (holding one of shift/alt/control/command) Library > Application Support > Jaksta MusicRecorder and delete that folder (NOTE: doing this will erase your library file list in Jaksta, but your downloaded/converted files will remain intact). This folder and its files may already be deleted when the app is removed, but it's a good idea to double check and be thorough in case it remains and is reused when the app is reinstalled. Reboot the Mac and then do a reinstall of the latest version (https://www.jaksta.com/download/mac/jaksta-music-recorder) and it will regenerate a new copy of the deleted folder and the application files.
If it still fails then can you please send through a clean log file:
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following.
- Open JMR
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JRM but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
It will also be good if you can provide a link to the file/site that you are having problems with, as well as a screenshot of any errors you are getting.
From Liam @ 09 Aug 2017 13:08