If there is in fact no 'Jaksta Music Recorder' folder in that location then that's a very strong indicator that something is not right.
I will get you to double check that it is definitely missing and that you are looking in the right place, as there are two different 'Library' folders (each with their own 'Application Support' folders) in the Finder folder system. One if for the user and is for the Mac itself. I'm sure you already looked to the right spot based on my instructions, but we'll just be completely sure so that we can confidently rule things out and move forward with the troubleshooting.
A concrete way to get to where that folder should be is by doing the following:
- Open Jaksta Music Recorder
- Go to 'Preferences'
- Under the 'General' tab select 'Find Log File' (this will take you to the the log file in Finder which is buried in the correct Library folder system)
- Navigate up one level in the file structure in Finder (the log file will be in a folder called 'Logs')
- Navigate into the 'Application Support' folder which is on the same folder level as 'Logs'
- You should then be able to find, see and then delete the 'Jaksta Music Recorder' folder
The 'Jaksta Music Recorder' folder should contain the files seen below, which are what we want to delete and then regenerate with a reinstall.
Have another look and let me know if you still cannot find the folder. If it is in fact missing then altogether then there is certainly something wrong, although if it doesn't exist then I am surprised that you can even run or open the app.
From Liam @ 30 Oct 2018 10:10