Just tested and creativelive.com and here is what I found for you.
creativelive.com can not be captured using the extraction method (entering the url directly) as it uses protocols that aren't supported using that method - hence the message you are getting to use AUTO or the DVR.
It can be DVR'ed. The Silverlight prompt is just a recommendation but is required for DVR'ing quite a few sites including Netflix and Amazon. Silverlight is a Microsoft product and can safely be installed. You can also switch off that prompt if you want via the Settings > DVR > Advanced > Errors > Configuration Issue Prompt.
It can be captured using AUTO mode
Creativelive.com stream using several streaming protocols.
The first is HTTPS, this will be detected and downloaded using the AUTO mode without changing any of the settings.
For their live streams they use ustream. Ustream has recently started streaming over something called secure websockets. We haven't finished our capture implementation of secure websockets yet (still a work in progress) but you can work around it and capture Creativelive.com using the Chrome browser.
See https://www.jaksta.com/how-to/how-to-download-livestream-com for how to capture livestream.com. The steps are the same for creativelive.com. Or follow these steps.
Using Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome/index.html):
1. In Google Chrome go to creativelive.com
2. In Google Chrome press Ctrl-Shift-J (all at the same time) to go into developer mode;
3. At the top of the window select "iPad" from the dropdown list. The view will change to an iPad view;
4. Switch on AUTO mode in JMR
5. In Google Chrome now go to the page hosting the live stream.
6. Jaksta Media Recorder will pick up the streams and you will be presented with a few qualities/formats to choose from. Double-click the one you want to download.
From CRS @ 05 Jun 2017 10:06