Technical Support for Jaksta Music Recorder
I can't get the tracks to split automatically when recording using the amazon music player
Asked by William Mitchell @ 15 Jan 2017 05:01 / Views: 38
you have to use their player when using their subscription _usic service
split on silence - on
record silence - on
silence ti_e - 50 _s
silence level - 11.75
you _ight have noticed that I cannot enter the letter "_" so_eti_es you can at the beginning it's kind a like a char buffer filling up and not getting flushed
Could you please ask the progranning staff to add the following enhance_ents to the _usic program (wow the "_" worked!!)
1> fix the "_" proble_ with this screen
2> enable arrow key navigation for this screen
3> enable the scissors on the "NON record screen so that we can edit the recorded files while being played back after recording
4> add a record "pause" button
5> allow the VU bars/_etters to be active when there is no active recording taking place such as is the case when the override
popup is in front of the record screen after the user has pressed the record button ----- this would allow the user to rest assured
that all was in order prior to starting the actual recording and also a typical feature on all physical recording equip_ent such
as reel to reels
From William Mitchell @ 15 Jan 2017 05:01
You have a silence level of 11.75. That is very high. Reset your settings to the defaults and try again.
1. I don't know what your asking. The attached screen looks as it should
2. You use the tab key to move between fields on a windows machine, not the arrow key which is used when in a field.
3. The scissors icon is a manual split, not an edit. The program does not support editing. There are plenty of editing programs out there.
4. Pause and switching off recording are the same thing arnt they? Or are you saying you want to a pause and not close the current file and then some time later unpause and have sound go into the same file? Im not sure under what circumstances you would want a music recorder to do that?
5. The UV meter is taken from sound that is being recorded not from your speakers/audio subsystem. You are recording directly out of the application, not out of the audio subsystem.
Don't forget this is a music recorder, not a general audio recorder. It has been specifically designed for capturing music and tagging it in the simplest manner possible.
Let me know how you go once you have reset your settings.
From CRS @ 15 Jan 2017 11:01
1> I a asking that I can enter the letter "_" when typing it is the letter that is between "N"
AND " ,"
1> I turned the silence level way up so that the player could not possibly _istake the
silence between tracks in the a_azon player but it did not work
2> when I a_ typing a _essage I a_ unable to use the arrow keys to
(for the _ost part) go back through the text to correct _istakes
3> point taken
4> so_eti_es when I a_ recording if I stop recording then when I co_e back I cant get a
good signal and have to reboot the co_puter to refresh whatever is needed for good
signal so while I have a lock on a good signal it would be nice to have a record pause
5> please elaborate are you speaking of a audio datastrea_ prior to being processed
by the co_putters audio drivers so that if I had a creative SoundBlaster then the
signal would be captured prior to it reaching that particular device
. 6> I'll let you know if the a_azon subscription _usic service works any better -- don't
think it will but will let you know
From William Mitchell @ 16 Jan 2017 03:01
1. Thats not how it works. Audio is recorded directly from the app not the sound system so the volume is not relevant.
2. I can use my arrow keys here on the 4 numerical fields. Perhaps you need to get a new keyboard given the m issue as well :)
4. You reboot your computer? There is no signal - the sound is being taken directly from the app. Please provide your debug logs if you can not record from an app. Also make sure it is in Settings > Recordings Settings and click the App button.
5. Yes. It is hooked directly from the application just as the application is writing to the audio subsystem.
6. Amazon music app records perfectly here with the default settings and splits correctly between songs.
From CRS @ 16 Jan 2017 08:01
I WAS IN THE PROCESS OF RECREATING THE A_AZON ISSUE WHEN THE NEED AROSE FOR A REBOOT (THAT ALWAYS SEE_S TO WORK -- PERHAPS THE NEXT TI_E I WILL JUST TRY RESTARTING THE RECORDER INSTEAD
HOWEVER THE REASON I REBOOTED WAS BECAUSE THE DANCING BARS ON THE LOWER LEFT SCREEN WERE UNRESPONSIVE
HERE ARE THE LOG FILES
From William Mitchell @ 17 Jan 2017 01:01
AM USING AMAZON VIA INTERNET EXPLORER
PER ATTACHMENT THERE IS NO AMAZON LOGO IN THE LOWER LEFT CORNER
From William Mitchell @ 19 Jan 2017 20:01
That would be correct as the file name is "Jaksta Media Recorder 6.mp3" which is the default name if you have the Settings > Naming Rules > Use application title as initial title off. Therefore the thumbnail will be different than a recording from the Amazon app when that is on as the file name will be "Amazon.mp3". Once that tagging happens at the end (provided it is one of the 30 mill+ tracks we have fingerprints for) the thumbnail will change based on the track, artist, album etc that is found.
From CRS @ 20 Jan 2017 03:01
tell _e _ore about this non-signal you describe in #4 response
even 120v AC has a 60hz signal that can be seen on an Oscilloscope
so if not a signal what is it ????????????
From William Mitchell @ 23 Jan 2017 06:01
Wav formatted data.
From CRS @ 23 Jan 2017 17:01