Jaksta Media Recorder 2022 Release
Jaksta Media Recorder 2022 has now been released
1. New DVR functionality for recording from premium sites such as Netflix.
2. New Digital audio recording functionality.
3. Improved Monitoring features
JMR 7 used the Google Chrome browser. This stopped working a few months back for alot of premium sites when they started to block the version from chrome we used.
JMR 2022 uses the Vivaldi browser. Use it in the same was as you did previously. Open the DVR browser and navigate to the site and video you want to record and once playing click the red record button to start recording.
DVR functionality is only available on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
New Digital Audio Recording Method
JMR 7 used the Application audio recording method by default. This uses a process called injection to attach to an application to capture its audio. Many web browsers now reject dll injection. Injection also requires your computer to have secure boot switched off in your computers BIOS.
The new Digital audio recording method is now selected by default. It doesn't have any of the cfg issues described above.
The Application method has been removed.
1. Monitors are now stored in a single database, replacing the flat file format used in JMR 7. This should improve performance for those with a large numbers of monitors.
2. You can now export and import monitors to/from Microsoft Excel format. This should make batch editing monitors much easier.
3. You can now select and delete more than one monitor at a time.
4. You can now configure a monitor to only check on certain days and between certain times. See the new Schedule tab on the monitor.
5. You can import your existing JMR 7 monitors, by exporting them from JMR 7 and then importing them in JMR 2022. Change the File Type to "Old Export Files (*.dat)" in the import file dialog to see your JMR7 export file and import it.
Everything else works the same and hasn't changed from JMR7.
JMR 7 and JMR 2022 can co exist on the same computer - there is no need to uninstall JMR 7.
Existing license holders - your existing license will be imported from JMR7 in the background on the first run.
The latest beta has been tested with Windows 10 and Windows 11.
The latest JMR 2022 can be downloaded from: https://jaksta.com/download/windows/jaksta-media-recorder
From CRS @ 13 Feb 2022 10:02